6/5/13

Hello everyone! It's Brittney here. I know, I know - I've been really shirking on Shirk lately. But I've been so busy! With Bangs & Blush doing better than ever with weekly Shake Rattle & Roll and monthly Fuck It jams at Clinton's and a new party about to be launched, my Wednesday nights doing Sha Na Na at The Red Light and my new summer gig dj'ing the American Express Lounge at The Molson Amphitheatre this summer I AM ALREADY POOPED.

But this Molson gig has been incredible so far! Last Wednesday was the launch of the summer show program at the Amphitheatre and Dave Matthews Band was the group to set off all the fireworks. I'm not a huge Dave fan, but the tunes I do know are great and after getting the chance to see them live (and very close) I must say his band is incredible! There was a lot of rain, and it was bone-chillin' cold out but everyone powered through.

Last Friday was one of the scariest gig's I've ever done - Brad Paisley. Why was it scary? I'm the furthest thing from a country fan. Don't get me wrong; I have my favorites. Shania, Patsy Cline, The Man In Black etc. but in terms of modern country I didn't even know where to start. But I did my homework and powered through, and I must say... I'm slowly converting to a mild country fan. And hey, country fans know how to party.

As for right now I'm currently waiting for doors to open at the Ke$ha/Pitbull show tonight. This could be hilarious.  

UPDATE: Was hilarious. 

Lookie who I ran into!
KE$HA/PITBULL CROWD
In la booth!

© SHIRK MAGAZINE 2016. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.