12/7/10

THE TOP 10 OF '10
if there's one good reason why i look forward to the end of the year (as if christmas and new years isn't enough), it's that every major blog, magazine or publication creates lists of the best and the worst of the year whether it be music, movies or fashion. i'm a real sucker for lists and i love writing them. so folks, here's the top 10 best songs (in my opinion) of 2010. mind you, some of the songs weren't off of albums released this year but they are all relatively recent releases.

10. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire
My favorite song off of their amazing album The Suburbs.




9. Not In Love by Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith
Sorry, but whether or not it's Toronto's most famously scenster electronic band Crystal Castles, any song with Robert Smith on it will be favorited; especially considering this song really isn't that bad.




8. Just Saying Remix/Heavy by Rick Ross feat. Gunplay
Heavy. Heavy chain. Heavy everythang.




7. It's My Party by Amy Winehouse (feat. Quincy Jones)
One of the best cover songs of the year.





6. 1901 by Phoenix
Increeeedible album; may have come out in 2009 but became a huge staple in my musical collection this year.




5. Tell Me by Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Download all of their albums immediately.


4. Money Grabber by Fitz & The Tantrums
Amazing song, amazing band.


3. California Gurls by Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
Fuck you, I like this song.

2. Sometimes by The Noisettes
It's a shame this band isn't as big as they deserve to be, but this song was brought to my attention by my boyfriend and I like it more and more every time I hear it.
 


1. Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem
THE jam of 2010.
 


© SHIRK MAGAZINE 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.