6/26/09

EM JAY

obviously, the whole world is in mourning today because the most bad-ass dude the world has ever seen has passed away. when i heard he died, i laughed because i thought "michael jackson can't die!"

i, along with everyone else, have grown up on his music. and at one point i'm sure all of us busted a move, grooved in our bedrooms or sang a kareoke song that was of jacksons's creation. fuck, i was probably conceived to "billy jean".

i remember getting my copy of thriller on cd for christmas when i was five. it was on my list. from there, i had always appreciated his early stuff, from the jackson 5 to the off the wall album, which is my personal favorite.

today, i cheers my smoke to the heavenly m.j., you have been a huge influence on everyone, and me personally, being a musician and fellow moon-walker.

thanks man, you didn't stop until you got enough.

© SHIRK MAGAZINE 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.