1. I Know You've Got Soul – Bobby Byrd
2. Can You Do It – The Contours
3. Bif Bang Pow – The Creation
4. Walkin' The Dog – The Sonics
5. I Can't Explain – The Who
6. I'm Not Your Stepping Stone – The Monkees
7. Dance To The Music – Sly & The Family Stone
8. Knock On Wood – Eddie Floyd
9. I Thank You – Sam & Dave
10. The Real Thing - Tina Britt
SEE YOU AT ADELAIDE HALL on FRIDAY AUGUST 7TH
for the return of HOLD TIGHT!
@ 2:01 PM
1. Wooly Bully - Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs
2. La La La La La - The LaSalls
3. We Can Work It Out - Stevie Wonder
4. Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
5. Soul Man - Sam & Dave
6. Get Up Off Of That Thing - James Brown
7. Working Day And Night - Michael Jackson
8. September - Earth Wind & Fire
9. Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1) - Marvin Gaye
10. Hard To Handle - Otis Redding
11. Whole Lotta Love - Ike & Tina Turner
12. Hot Fun In The Summertime - Sly & The Family Stone
@ 4:07 PM
"One time in like 5th grade I had this teacher and she gave us all bottles of shit like this and told us to squeeze it all out and of course we were like fuck yeah and did it and then she said, 'Now, try and shove it all back in the container.' Of course we all tried, and then stared at her confused as shit. When we all obviously gave up, she said, 'In the moment, you were so consumed with what you were doing that you didn’t realize the mess you were making. Then, after it was so quickly and easily poured out, you realize it is impossible to put it all back in. Remember this for the rest of your lives when it comes to the words that come out of your mouth'"
@ 3:13 AM
I'm a pretty lucky girl to have someone like my Dad. Since I can remember, he would do anything he could to make me and my brother Pat happy. He makes mistakes, just like anyone else, has his habits and can be a total goof, but hey – the older I get, the more I'm becoming him. And I'm totally okay with that. My dad is the sweetest man I've ever met; a total bleeding heart with a soft soul who will cry watching The Wizard Of Oz but will always listen when you need someone to talk to. He is always smiling, and he is always laughing – sometimes I get a phone call from him around midnight on a weeknight and it's just him calling to tell me a good joke he heard
He's also incredibly intelligent. Many o'nights spent up with my Dad at the kitchen table, trying to pass my History exams. And I always did, because Dad is such a passionate learner, attains information to the littlest detail about every War ever fought, and would relay this to me in such an animated, gettable way that he made me love to learn. He made me love books, and especially old movies. Old movies from the MGM era; it's why today I still believe the perfect man will always be Gene Kelly. And the hours and hours spent in our PJ's on weekend mornings marathoning Three Stooges and The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show episodes. The man has taste.
Anyway, I just wanna express how lucky I feel today to have such a great man for a Dad. Even through the worst, he shows me that laughing it off, perseverance, and faith can get you through anything. Happy Father's Day, Pops – I love you so much!
@ 2:31 PM